How Much Do Keynote Speakers Charge?
Are you looking to transform your event or conference? Hiring the perfect keynote speaker will guide the conversation and establish a theme that will encourage, inspire, and unify your audience. There are many factors that determine the price range of how much a keynote speaker will charge. These factors include the duration and location of the event, career experience and significant life experiences of the speaker, how well known the speaker is, etc.
The amounts that keynote speakers charge can be a perception of quality. Speakers can also make adjustments to their prices when the audience is desirable to speak at or if they are already in the area. Typically, keynote speaker price ranges can be split into the following:
- Free – This is usually a local keynote speaker in the beginning of their career with little/no experience or speaking at the event is mutually beneficial for both parties involved. For instance, speakers can offer to speak at an event that will allow them to retain business from those within the audience due to the services they offer.
- Travel Expenses – Be aware that in addition to a speaker fee, there can also be travel related expenses. Often times, if the keynote speaker is not local, event or conference planners often offer to pay a flat fee or stipend for travel expenses such as flight + hotel.
- $500 – $1,500 – Small conferences and events try to obtain speakers at this cost. This is a humble number to obtain a keynote speaker. This range is for unestablished keynote speakers who are once again at the beginning of their career, but with slightly more experience. Typically, the event also promotes the speaker.
- $1,500 – $5,000 – Keynote speaker fees in this range may be professional speakers with less experience speaking or achievements at this point in their career or life. The speaker adds value to the event and attracts many attendees.
- $5,000 – $10,000 – This begins the range for professional keynote speakers. These are individuals who have given many speeches, have career accomplishments, and have established themselves in the keynote speaking industry. This is also when speakers are often speaking internationally.
- $10,000 – $25,000 –These keynote speakers are distinguished speakers that have very successful accomplishments/experiences to draw from. An example would be a well-known published author. It is not unusual that many large conferences pay this fee for their keynote speaker.
- $25,000 – $50,000 – This range is for well-known individuals/celebrities with recognized names or titles, individuals with extensive work/life experience, or individuals who have had a significant event impact their life. An example would be a famous professor from a university such as Harvard giving a speech.
- $50,000 – $100,000 – This is the approximation for famous celebrity speakers. Organizations are more likely to invest in this price range for a keynote speaker if ticket sales are expected to exceed the price it would cost to retain a celebrity speaker.
- $100,000 + – This is the ballpark for most famous politicians. This is the range if you are looking to have someone such as Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Donald Trump, etc. to speak at your event.
Want a way to boost your conference or event with an incredible keynote speaker? Look no further and contact David Mitroff Ph.D to have him speak at your next conference or event.
Related Blog Articles[slideshow_deploy id='3450']