5 Ways to Use Instagram For Your Business
If you haven’t thought of implementing Instagram as part of the digital marketing strategy for your San Francisco Bay Area business, now is the time to start. Even if you already use Instagram for branding or customer engagement, re-evaluate your strategy and see if you are following these 5 tips:
- Selecting A Color or Theme: Instagram is first and foremost a visually based platform so its users prefer seeing content with pleasant aesthetics. Choosing a theme or sticking with a color palette for your Instagram content will generate a strong identity for your brand. The impression will be worth some planning in advance.
- Choose Your Hashtags Wisely: Hashtags -when used correctly- is how any user on the platform can generate more awareness to your San Francisco Bay Area business’s brand. It’s about selecting memorable yet easy hashtags that are the correct length that makes sense about your content. If you’re a restaurant, choose one that relates to food but also something that sets you apart. For example, an ice cream parlor can use #DairyDreams as part of their campaign efforts.
- Repurpose Your Content: It’s a good idea to embed your Instagram posts on your website or other outlets to 1) increase traffic to the account and 2) make the most out of the media content. Not only does it increase engagement on your Instagram posts but you are utilizing content in allowing it to be exposed as much as possible, even beyond the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Make Sure it’s a Business Account: “If your small business has not created a business account, you’re missing out on limitless exposure and powerful customer relationships. By letting your customers tag your business in their post, it can direct their followers and network to your business and give them more information. This can even increase the traffic to your website, and all of this will help boost the number of customers your business will have. Additionally, set up the “contact” settings so that customers can email or call your small business directly, either with questions or partnership inquiries.”- David Mitroff, Ph.D., CEO and Founder of Piedmont Avenue Consulting.
- Using Real Customers In Your Posts: For businesses that sell products or services, it’s important to use real people in your posts. Your followers are more engaged in the posts when the content tags another account or is of an actual person from the San Francisco Bay Area. By using real customers in your content, it can influence them to think that your brand is attached to real stories and feelings and relate to with your followers on a more meaningful level.
Looking to implementing Instagram into your business’s digital marketing plan?
Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc. works with many businesses in the Bay Area and beyond to give them the edge of creating a strong online presence on a rapidly growing social media platform. Call at 510-761-5895 to schedule a free consultation with Marketing Expert David Mitroff, and we’ll help you go through this process of creating and growing your business.
Related Blog Articles[slideshow_deploy id='3450']