Using Model Mayhem to Launch Your Career
Are you ready to launch your career in modeling? Struggling on where to start? You don’t have to live in a fashion capital such as Los Angeles or New York City to use this fast growing modeling site. Even living in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can use this fast, easy, and efficient online agency to market yourself and your talents. Model Mayhem is the world’s largest modeling community and can help you jump-start your modeling career in no time!
Model Mayhem is devoted to promoting and creating art in all forms. Their goal is to help connect others in order to make something great. Individual artist types include models, photographers, makeup artists, wardrobe stylists, hair stylists, retouchers, artists/painters, body painters, clothing designers, digital artists, and filmmakers. Talent recruiter types include modeling agents, casting directors, brand owners and representatives, filmmakers, musicians, marketing agencies, photographers, and event promoters.
Overall, Model Mayhem wishes to “connect, create, inspire and indulge” in a respectful and safe environment for all its members and users.
- Must be 16 years or older
- Provide a short Bio about your experience, goals, and reasons for being on MM
- Provide a minimum of four different photos
- Ensure your photos are quality level – no cell phone, webcam, or mirror shots
- Make sure your photos are bigger than 200×300 pixels but under 600kb
- No fakes and no pornography
- Show your face clearly
- Show at least one full length body shot
- No selfies
- Search Existing Castings
- Choose a Category (ex. Casting Calls)
- Choose an Artist Type (ex. Female Models)
- Choose a Location (ex. United States, California, San Francisco)
- Advanced Search (“Show Advanced”)
- Choose dates
- Choose Compensation (TF, Paid, or Unpaid Test – see below)
- Mark whether you would do nudity (Yes or No)
- Mark whether you have tattoos
- Mark whether you have piercings
- Search any keywords
- Start submitting!
- Submit your photos and info to any casting call that fits your personal goals
- Either message them through the MM website or use a traditional email address if provided
- Repeat, repeat, repeat
- Repeat your searches daily and keep submitting
- After submitting to your specific choices, expand your search to longer distances and different pay options to increase your chances
- This is the most important step! Go on every day and search!
There are three main types of compensation on Model Mayhem:
- Paid – Set amount of monetary compensation for work
- TF – “Time for” compensation – Usually will be “Time for Prints” (TFP) or “Time for CD” (TFCD). TF gigs will trade your work for copies of prints to add to your portfolio.
- Unpaid Test – Usually a photographer or caster is testing out equipment or a photo shoot idea. This can lead to a paid gig but is not
Now You’re Ready!
Sign up and start submitting! Remember to submit consistently to improve your chances of being hired. Keep your profile updated with quality photos and fresh information. Of course, with any online site, make sure to keep your personal information limited and only agree to legitimate, honest, and safe casting calls, especially if you are a young user. Now go create art and have fun!
Related Blog Articles[slideshow_deploy id='3450']