We work with our clients to create custom Websites including custom WordPress websites. Custom wordpress sites allow the client to have full control and make all kinds of custom features. Some people however want to make their own more simple site. For that, you can create a free account at WordPress.com. WordPress.com is a site that allows you to create your own blog or website in minutes.
Over 60 million people use WordPress as their blogging software, some of us at Piedmont Avenue Consulting included. Not only that, but big companies like CNN and People Magazine are even using WordPress too. Why?
Read on to discover some of the features that make WordPress in general and WordPress.com if you want to make your own simple site our top choice in blogging software.
1. It’s free. Anyone with a valid email address can use WordPress to create a blog or a website. You can post as often or as little as you like.
2. WordPress isn’t just for blogs anymore- you can join the ranks with the legions of companies that have created entire web site on WordPress, with a custom home page and your blog as one of the sub-pages.
3. You automatically get 3 gigs of storage space. That’s equivalent to over 2,500 photo files or around 1000 songs.
4. Over 100 (even more with the paid premium service) of customizable designs to suit all kinds of personalities and content. From classically minimal to edgy and modern, there is something for everyone. Journalists, photographers, business owners; whoever you are there’s sure to be a design that suits your needs.
5. It’s easy to include lots of creative, interactive content. WordPress lets you upload photos, music and videos in seconds, from sites like YouTube, Flickr and SoundCloud.
6. WordPress drives traffic to your blog. Just include tags with your posts and they’ll, automatically add them to their global tag system and tag surfer, so people who are interested in the topics you cover will easily be able to search for your content.
7. The WordPress integrated stats system lets you view activity on your blog and find out more about who your audience is. How many people viewed your blog post? What links did they click on? Were they referred from another site? Find out what people are really reading.
8. If you find yourself wanting more, you can upgrade to WordPress premium services for even more storage, features and capabilities.
Custom WordPress sites allow us to set up your site for a flat fee and their are no additional fees for space or upgraded features.
Related Blog Articles[slideshow_deploy id='3450']