Product Management Consulting
What is product management? What is the importance of product management?
Product management involves managing all the activities related to developing, marketing, and selling a product throughout its lifecycle in a business. It’s an important organizational role that sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line.
Our Services Include:
- Brand Strategy Development
– We can help with stablishing a brand that you want portrayed to your customer base and coming up with a strategy to make that product brand a reality.
- Media Plans
– We will provide mapped out strategic media plans. They will entail timeframes, media platforms, and strategy to share the product brand with consumers.
- Product Lifecycle Management
– We can guide you through the lifecycle of your product no matter what stage it is at. We can help with introducing your product as well as growing your brand to boost sales.
- Channel Distribution
– We can guide you through the proper channel distribution method that is best for your product and its particular market. We will explain all of the possible avenues and help evaluate what is ideal for your product.
- New Business Development
– This is a difficult stage for any product and we are able to help you through it by discussing the possibilities and goals of a new product business. We will be able to help you map out the work that is needed to get the product going.
- Product Portfolio Strategies
– We want to hear your goals not only for a specific product but for your company in general. Once you know your future company goals, we can help you implement a startegy to get there.
- Competitive / Consumer Analysis
– We can help you build your brand to standout amongst other competitors and introduce you to customer relationship management tools that can measure the success of your product.
- New Product Launches
– No matter what satage your product is at, we can be of assistance in launching it. We are able to build a brand and help you market the new product to potential consumers.
- Retail / CPG
– Maybe you already have a product for corporate use and need help getting your product into retail or you want to break into the retail world in general. We can assist you with the proper steps to take for having a retail product.
- Corporate Infrastructure
– We can help you organize your company as a whole. We are experienced with hiring/firing protocals, corporate organization, and achieving long-term goals for your product and your company in genreral.
- OEM Channels
– OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer. We can help you create and upkeep relationships with the proper hardware/software vendors, makers, resellers, and distributors.
- Social Media Initiatives
– We can help you navigate on social media as far as startegy and managing. We will teach you the proper ways to use social media to enhance your product and share it publicy.
– Creating a market for your product can be difficult. We can help you find the correct market for your product and find out what locations or areas are best for your product to keep growing.
- P&L Accountability
– Profit and loss is a tough item to face in product management. As an outside source, we can help you with how to manage your profit wisely as well as figure out ways to reduce your loss.
- Staff Training / Development
– It does not matter how many employees you have as long as they are the right employees. We can walk you through how to build and train your team to get the outcome you want as well as making sure your company is growing instead of staying stagnant.
- Market Trends
– Market trends are an important aspect in launching and building your product. We can help you understand the market trends in regards to your product and assist you with using it to your advantage.
- Pricing / Positioning
– Finding the right price for your product is an important aspect in product management. It is important that you are making a profit but have a reasonable price for your consumer.
- Trade Marketing
– Marketing to businesses is much different than to consumers. We can guide you through marketing your product to businesses and wholesalers to ensure that you are continuing to grow as a company.
- Marketing / Promotion
– We can guide you with a marketing strategy that is perfect for your product. Anything from what platforms to promote on and how to build your brand and its reputation.
- Private Labels
– Every product is different, but private labeling is essential for a lot of products. We can guide you through the process of creating a private label for your brand and company.
- VAR / System Integrators
– As an outside source we can professionally guide you through the value at risk in managing your product as well as integrating it with outher products or companies.
Product Management Implementation:
Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc. has worked diligently with Aquamenities to dramatically expand their consumer base by performing market and consumer analyses. Aquamenitites, which provides the first sophisticated and sustainable soap shampoo dispenser fixture, has successfully increased its consumer audience from hotels and wholesalers to now include retail stores.
6 Pack Fitness
Meet Our Product Management Expert:
Senior Product Management Consultant at Piedmont Avenue Consulting
Gera Rivkin is an experienced Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the consumer goods industry. In addition to cofounding several companies including 6 Pack Fitness and Gear’d Hardware, Gera has held other positions across the Bay Area as the Director of Brand Marketing for ICU Eyeworks and the Brand Manager at Lowepro. He also has a background in consumer-packaged goods (CPG) and is skilled in Marketing Management, Analytical Skills, Sales, Retail, and Pricing Strategy.
As a strategic visionary and collaborative business leader, Gera aims to create and execute strategies to achieve aggressive revenue and profit goals. From his extensive knowledge on full product life cycle, he is able to take innovative products from inception to global market success in highly competitive environments. Gera’s outstanding relationship building skills allows him to engage employees as well as outside stakeholders to identify and pursue profitable opportunities.
Workshops & Additional Resources
Looking for Product Management Consulting in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Contact us today to schedule a free consulting session to review how we may be able to help. Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc. is a Bay Area based business development and marketing firm who creates brand awareness, strengthens customer loyalty, and increases lead generation through leveraging new technology and streamlining business processes.