Online video is one of the fastest growing content marketing strategies. It is becoming more and more common for businesses to utilize online video to promote their company and expand their audience. With that being said, it is important to choose a platform for creating online video that caters to the needs and goals of your business. Although there are many, Vimeo is a video sharing platform that is becoming an increasingly popular choice among businesses of all kinds. So, what makes Vimeo unique from other streaming platforms?
Unlike other free streaming platforms, Vimeo offers an ad-free experience which enhances the overall effect of the video as it keeps the audience engaged without having to watch any pre-roll ads. In addition, Vimeo brings a community of professionals with its modest audience size ensuring an intimate and fully engaged community. Your business is much more likely to receive constrictive criticism in the comments as opposed to rude or hateful remarks it might receive on other platforms. Many businesses prefer to use Vimeo due to the increased amount of privacy it allows its users. Unlike other streaming platforms, Vimeo gives users the option to put a password on videos that are only intended for a select audience.
Pros of using Vimeo for your business:
- Ad-free. Vimeo allows audiences to access videos without having to watch any pre-roll ads.
- Engaged community that provides constructive criticism.
- Superior customization. Vimeo has many unique features free of charge which allow users to customize their videos such as add passwords to videos or replace/update video content and keep the original URL.
Cons of using Vimeo for your business:
- Can be high cost. Vimeo subscriptions for professionals and businesses can cost up to $170 per year, however, there is a free option well-hidden at the bottom of the site.
- Restrictions on uploads and storage capacity. Even with a paid subscription, Vimeo restricts the amount of content a user can upload weekly and annually.
- Lower-ranking videos on Google search. Vimeo videos tend to rank lower than Youtube videos on google which means you might have a harder time getting on the first page of google search.
Is Vimeo right for you? If your business is seeking engagement and a small community feel to reach a specific audience, Vimeo might a solution.
Piedmont Avenue Consulting, Inc. is a San Francisco Bay Area based business development and marketing consulting firm who creates brand awareness, strengthens customer loyalty, and increases lead generation by leveraging new technologies and streamlining business processes. Clients who hire us as marketing experts and business consultants include new and established companies, restaurants, franchises, law firms, high-growth start-ups, retail specialty stores, professional services firms, individual entrepreneurs and other diverse organizations.
Contact us today to learn more about community engagement and brand awareness 510-761-5895