There are many benefits to exercising outside versus at a gym. First and foremost, it is much safer during a pandemic. It takes away the stress of being surrounded by hot and sweaty people while using machines that are being touched frequently. Along with this, it has been proven that exercise can better mental health, making it an essential tool during the pandemic.
Lucky for you, we have tips for working out warmly and safely outdoors and the best places around San Francisco to do so!
- Protect yourself
- The body parts most affected by the cold are the ears, nose, toes, and fingers so always be sure to bring a hat and a pair of gloves. It’s better to be safe than sorry so always have a pair stuffed in a pocket or a bag just in case it gets cold during your workout!
- Another tip to keep these areas warm is to always have hand and feet warmers on hand. These can be found in stores like Target and Amazon for around $10.
- Dress correctly
- Many think it’s best to dress warm when going to exercise on a cold day however it’s important to dress dry meaning you should wear materials such as “dry fit” rather than materials such as wool. Sweating is one of the quickest ways to lose body heat so this will allow the heat to stay inside of your body.
After you have the proper workout attire, it’s time to find the best places to exercise outdoors around San Francisco. We can save you all the Google and Yelp searches, we’ve put together a list of the best spots to stay in-shape!
- This company conveniently offers socially distanced HIIT classes at Marina Green.
- The City is Our Gym
- This program, held in Dolores Park, is a “boot camp” class and is led by fitness expert Coach B.
- Outdoor Yoga SF
- This program is held in a variety o places such as Ocean Beach and Crissy Field, and offers a more relaxing approach to your outdoor exercise routine.
- 17th Street Athletic Club
- These “HIIT boot camp” classes are held at Dolores Park and Twin Peaks weekly.
If you’re not keen to leave your house at all, there are still countless possibilities to staying fit while staying safe during a pandemic. Many of the programs available in San Francisco also offer their classes via Zoom, Google Meet, and other platforms.
Thinking of starting your own gym or online workout class? There is a huge demand for workout programs that will help people stay healthy while following safety guidelines, especially now during the holiday season. From HIIT to yoga class, Piedmont Avenue Consulting can give you the best tips and tricks to make your business successful! Make an appointment on our website for a free consultation today!